Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

OMGOSH! I can't believe it's 2009 already... Well, I shall, in honor of the new year, post some new years resolutions, post about friends, and all that stuff that we all do once a year... =P So, here it goes.

Resolutions (there's a lot of them):

1. To love God more. I want to love Him, love His love, love His awesomeness, love everything about Him... more.

2. To pray more. I want to pray every night... for as long as I can stay awake.

3. To be pure in everything.

4. To do all my work with gladness.

5. To look people in the eye. I'd say this is the biggest downside of homeschooling... I got hardly any practice when I was little of looking people in the eye. When I'm not comfortable, I don't look people in the eye, and I know that this makes the people that I'm talking to not be comfortable. Everyone probably knows what I'm talking about.

6. To get really good at bass. I think that I'm gonna start practicing drums on the side... it's not where I'm gifted, really.

7. To get closer to my friends... I need to start having more fruitful conversation... to ask what's going on.

And that's it for my resolutions! Y'all can help me out with those... and I do know that I can't possibly keep all of them, but that's what I aspire to.

Friends:

Nathan: I thank God for you, Nathan. Your trials and how you get through them have been examples and lessons for me. I love how you try to keep God at the center of your life. For you: love God, no matter what... He is all that really matters.

Nathaniel: Thanks for being a moderator and middle man. Middle man in a good way, of course... You really do keep me from doing foolish stuff. =P I love how God is working in your life... For you: love people for who they are.

Jordan: I've known you since you were tiny... haha. It's been great to see how God has been working in your life. I remember your many struggles from 11-16... although it's been a rough climb, you're always headed upward. For you: keep your mind on things above.

Brandon: You're one of my oldest friends (age-wise). Besides being older than me age-wise, you're older wise-wise. The wisdom of God is evident in your life. You're a great mentor and "older brother." For you: be an example of godliness for all.

Bethany: I wish I knew you better. Even though I don't know you that well, I can truly see your love for God and people in everything you do. For you: seek first the kingdom of God.

Emily E.: I wish I knew you better, too. You constantly challenge me to read and study my Bible more. I love how you think of everything in terms of godliness... you are becoming more like Jesus. For you: run the race hard to hear His voice at the end.

G: Bass buddy!!! You are such a loveable guy. =P I don't know you as well as I want to... I think your best talent is your friendliness. You make time to talk to everyone, and you have a love for people. Awesome. For you: no love is greater than His.

Josiah: Your laugh is contagious. You are so fun to be around. I love your gregariousness. Yes, that's right... gregariousness. I just wish I knew you better... for you: worship God in all that you do.

Eric: You are such a positive influence in my life. You insist on godliness. That in itself is amazing for a guy at your age. God has given you many talents. Don't let them go to waste! For you: see the gifts that your friends are.

Melly: You are so optimistic. Your smile and the way you talk shine with God's light. It's great that you find time to talk to everyone. For you: let your life shine with the light of God's love... forever.

Jesus: My best friend. God, you are amazing. You're love is indescribable. The wonder of your works is too great for me to imagine. Words cannot express how much I love you, my God. I can't even start to understand the depths of your love, but I am brought to tears. How awesome are your works. How awesome is your might. How awesome is your love. My God, your love is too great to imagine. For you: let your kingdom come.

---

So, I tried to pray for every single one of my friends last night. It was a rich time. I thank God for every single one of you. I prayed in particular for one friend who I don't know very well, but one who I love so much. They are having a very rough time right now, and I don't think that they are feeling God's love as they should. They certainly aren't feeling their friends' love. Oh, God show them your love!

This was a very, very, very long post... congratulations on reading the whole thing. I love all of you!

10 comments:

Joy. said...

How did you know that seek FIRST was just what I needed to hear?

Wesley said...

I didn't. That's just what I felt God wanted you to hear. I'm glad that it made sense. =)

Emily said...

I know that you mean about the eye contact. I keep reminding myself to do that when I'm talking to someone, but I always forget when I'm actually talking to someone. However, know that I have never noticed you not making eye contact or anything :)

Thanks for the kind words. I wished I knew you better too. BUT, we have all of 2009 to get to know each other :) You challenge me, I challenge you.....I like =P

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, Wesley. In all of your words I can see the love of Christ flowing out - beautiful! (And maybe a guy doesn't like his words being called beautiful . . . if so, I apologize.) Stay strong!

Wesley said...

Oh! Marissa! Forgot...

Marissa: I don't know you as well as I would like to... although you're a pretty quiet person, you are strong. You a great example of living to please God. For you: let God guide.

I hope that the words I gave for everyone were at least somewhat relevant. Haha.

Oh, and I don't mind having my words called beautiful. That's what I am for, actually. =)

Emily, I guess that it's good that you haven't noticed me doing it. I think that you're pretty good at it. For some reason, I just find looking at the same person for a minute is kinda strange... I dunno. Haha.

Emily said...

haha, yeah, I sometimes find it strange too.

Emily said...

wow. great post! :)
i need to work on eye-contact too...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Wes, though I didn't at all comment for you to recognize me. :-) And I was actually *just* talking to Bethany on Skype about letting God guide and how He's been teaching me about that lately.

I've actually never really thought about my own eye contact, but it really annoys me when people look off or something while I'm talking . . . I usually take that as a signal to shut up, which I promptly do. But now that I think of it, I'm guilty of the same thing - guess I need to work on that!

Wesley said...

Cool, Marissa. Very cool...

So I think that we have now all agreed that eye contact is weird but necessary to avoid being rude. Haha.

Emily said...

haha, yes, Wes, exactly.