Monday, October 27, 2008

Analogies

What religious analogies have you heard or read? I'd like to hear about analogies that people have read, heard, or made that are from "real life" situations. I can't think of any myself right now, so please comment. =)

Hmmm... that's about all I can think of posting about (and, in fact, I posted absolutely nothing). Anyway, I shall refrain from rambling.

October 28th ---

I just thought of one. It's actually from the Bible.

Jeremiah 2: 11-13 (NIV)

Has a nation ever changed its gods? (Yet they are not gods at all.) But my people have exchanged their Glory for worthless idols. Be appalled at this, O heavens, and shudder with great horror," declares the Lord. "My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

5 comments:

Nathan said...

Dude, i think in analogies... like i'm constantly comparing real-life situations with their comparable scenarios... So i could give you like 10,000 analogies right now, but i don't feel like typing that much - narrow your request down; and try again :-P

Wesley said...

Hmmm... how about this: analogies that have to do with salvation or sanctification.

Anonymous said...

Umm . . . I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but last night I was washing dishes, particularly my grandmother's George Foreman grill, which is a beast to clean. So I was scrubbing it for about 10 minutes, and I thought, "This is what God's doing with me. He'll cleanse one area in my life, then there's another to deal with, then another, then another. But in the end I will be beautifully, sparkling clean." Yeah.

Wesley said...

Yep! That is the kinda thing I was talking about.

In regards to life, that'd be a really big pile of dishes, though... =P

Thanks, Marissa!

Anonymous said...

haha, it would.