Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This final breath

No I'm not dead. =P

Some lyrics I might use for a song (revised, of course)...

/verse 1/

You have been good
I've never been in need
You're all I've ever wanted on earth
Faithful You have been
You answer all my prayers
Given me more than I asked for

/chorus/

This final breath is not my own
I Lay it down before Your throne
I live my life and die this death
All for my God, my Lord, my King

/verse 2/

On this solid rock
I have spent my days
Through troubled times and hours
Now I lift my heart
In praise to my King
He redeemed me and kept me

/chorus/

/bridge/

I'll stand, I'll stand, I'll stand
Stand for my God
'Til the last dying breath
I'll stand, yeah... (repeat)

/chorus/ (2x)

/bridge/

/bridge 2/

I await glory
I await glory
Take me to glory!
God, Take me to glory!

---

That's it. Yes, I already have music for it. I think that the music fits the words, too. The verses and chorus are rather solemn, but end on an uplifting progression. The bridge is very triumphant sounding. Don't ask me to email the recording to you ('cause for one thing, I haven't recorded it yet, and the "producer" is gonna be the first to hear it.)

Yesterday, I accidentally took the marquee keys home from work. Yeah. Emily took them back in the morning, thankfully. =)

That's about it! Adieu!

6 comments:

Emily said...

wow.

that's all I have to say.

Anonymous said...

I like it! The chorus reminds me of the verse, "If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord" (Romans 14:8). Can't wait to hear the song!

Unknown said...

hey, great writing. i have picked up the pen, to be figurative, many a time, but i cannot write anything that makes sense.

glad you got the keys back. did it say something like "this monday only!" on tuesday? that would be pretty funny.

Wesley said...

Thanks, y'all. Haha, I know what you're talking about, Adam. Usually my lyrics make so much sense!...Until... I read them out loud. lol

No, it was all good. I had just changed the marquee that night, to something going on Thursday, so I got off clear. =)

Nathan said...

Wesley, i love it. And if you mean me when you say "the producer" than i am one lucky son of a biscuit :-D :-D I can't wait to hear it!! And i emailed you a song that i made, check your email

Wesley said...

Haha, yes, you are the one I referred to.

Yes! I checked it! Aaaand... besides the mess ups, it is amazing! =D