Saturday, February 28, 2009

Do not be conformed to this world

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind."

That is how we can "live against the grain." If we are not being renewed in mind, we will conform to the world. And are we renewed in mind? By God's power through His word. I believe this is one reason why I find it so hard to not be conformed to the world... because I don't read my Bible enough, and I'm not relying on God to give me the desire to read my Bible or to give me the power to live against the grain. Now, I'm not going to go legalistic on y'all or anything, but there are some things that we have to do. I'm not trusting that the act of reading my Bible will help me stand against the world. I'm trusting that God will speak to me through my Bible reading. And He can't do that if I'm not reading. So now all I have to do is do it... by God's power.

I think I went around and around in a circle there for a few sentences... but, anyway. I just had this revelation this morning, so I hope it speaks to someone.

Stephen's party was amazing. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEPHEN!!!

And youth group was amazing afterward. HAPPY SOMETHINGDAY, Q222!!!

Okay, I don't want to go crazy so I shall stop. Desist. Nip it in the bud. =P

Peace, y'all.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Awesome Wesley! Amen! A few days ago I really felt the same way. I was not reading my Bible as much or as often as I should and I was really convicted of that. I was praying that God would give me a yearning and passion to read His word and He sure did! I was up really late just reading my Bible. And it really felt good.

Anyhow, yes, I totally know what you're saying!!

Happy Birthday Stephen!

I'm glad you made it to youth group before we had to leave =)

Mark Hartwick said...

Stephen's party was amazing and hilarious.

Krista said...

That's a great revelation you got there, may God give you and me grace to do it! :)
I agree though, its really important.
This is my revelation: If we love Jesus and accepted him it's like starting a relationship. Now I know a lot of christians who can't even hear God speak to them. Can you imagine having a girlfriend, who doesnt even talk to, or even worse, doesn't even listen to you? So I discovered that it's really necessary to hear him! So that's why I wanna read my bible :)